Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blue Spring Blues

A hot trend in a cool color this spring is blue. It’s gone viral, and it’s hard not to. Blue is a color that’s easy to throw on and comes in a variety of shades to go well with any skin tone, and whatever else you may (or may not) be wearing. 
I own more blue shirts than Eiffel 65 and the Blue Man Group combined, so I thought it appropos to offer advice on having the blues this spring. I also like blue clothes because I only drink Hypnotiq, so it doesn’t stain when I inevitably spill on myself.
What does this say about me emotionally?
The first thing to consider when wearing blue is how it will fit in with the rest of your outfit. As blue is the common color of most denim, it’s important to mix up shades to achieve a balance (how many times have I said that before?). 
Three pairs of jeans (straight-leg, of course) in three different shades
Darker wash jeans can work with a pale or pastel blue shirt, like here.



Of course, you can skip the mixing and matching by throwing on pair of chinos, which works just as well in this warm winter we’re still enjoying.


Blue shirts are also great to throw under a V-neck to get a dressy-casual look.
The shirt is very pale, and when paired with the green sweater it can work with nearly any shade of jeans.

PS- good menswear is all about the classics. Just because blue is hot this spring doesn’t mean you need to rush out and buy a blue shirt so you can fit in. We’re not girls, and not every guy at the bar will be sporting something in blue (unless you count jeans, then they all probably will). Expect blue to be featured heavily in stores though, so if you do find something you like, go with quality, go with versatility, and you’ll go with style. If blue isn’t your color, I don’t know what to tell you. Wait until summer I guess, you weirdo. 
More news as it develops, 
MD 

No comments:

Post a Comment