Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Steam Punks, 19th Century Trads, and Music


Again, nothing to do with menswear, but the score for “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford,” is just fantastic. Slow, melancholy, haunting. It's the kind of music I'd want played at my funeral, right before a gospel choir belts out a stirring rendition of P. Diddy's "I'll be Missing You." Kind of a downer I guess, but Kanye and Big Sean inflate my ego so much, sometimes I’ve gotta come back down to Earth. Just kidding. GET MONEY GET LAID.



You can find videos of the soundtrack here. The movie is also quite good, but I won't link to that because it's not strictly legal. A bit long, and not a Western-action flick so it can feel drawn out, but good plot and hecka acting. Peep it bro.

*There are great examples of classical 19th century dandies, trads, and soon to be preps. You may even spot a steam punk or two, which was the precursor to the hipster movement. Clothes were made better back then, and all that shit. There, #menswear.

-MD

No comments:

Post a Comment