Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Future


My level of posting has dropped off significantly, and while I can attribute this to a majority of forces in my life, the biggest one is Style on the Hill. We’re coming out with a printed edition, dropping this May. I won’t release all the full details yet, but be prepared for a 64 page, full glossy edition. Ya boy’s about to be in full color on some next level Glamour-type shit. 

While this is an awesome and exciting experience, subsequently my workload has exploded tenfold. I’m writing a lot more editorial content, some of it even journalistic and semi-respectable . I’ve been in constant contact with a multitude of clothing stores, from department giants to small brick-and-mortars, working to arrange brand partnerships, advertising, and product supply for photoshoots. And photoshoots have yet to begin, which is a whole new array of headaches. I gripe, but it’s been fun and will pay off. I hope. You can bet I’ll be telling girls at bars that I’m a model.

Outside of that though, I’ve also been ruminating on the continued viability of Midwest-Dressed. From my reading of #menswear sites, there’s only so much that can be said about the basic guidelines of dressing before things get rehashed over and over. Granted the fashunz side of things is continually evolving, but my blog’s focus is/was “to offer a stepping stone for young men looking to change what they wear.” Frankly, I think there are several other good, highly knowledgeable menswear writers on the web that can and have offered exactly what I claim to offer. Chances are, they do it a lot better than me too. Writing product reviews, copping free gear, and working with other bloggers is a fun experience, but I’m not a fan of continuing to write here if just for the purpose of hearing myself think. It’s been a year, but I’ll have to see where this site goes in 2013, and whether it will go at all. For now, I will leave you with these #menswear animals from Yago Partal. Apparently animals doing weird shit is what gets the kids hyped these days.














-MD

No comments:

Post a Comment